- Investment Strategies Overview|
- Fixed Income|
Specialized Investment Teams |
- Darby Private Equity®|
- Franklin Bissett Investment Management|
- Franklin Equity Group|
- Franklin Local Asset Management|
- Franklin Mutual Series|
- Franklin Real Asset Advisors®|
- Franklin Templeton Fixed Income Group®|
- Franklin Templeton Solutions® (FT Solutions)|
- K2 Advisors®|
- Templeton® Global Macro|
- Fund Literature Documents|
- Client Solutions|
- Institutional Services|
- Our Company|
Franklin Templeton Solutions is a global investment management group committed to creating total portfolio solutions integrated with risk management to help investors achieve their financial goals regardless of market conditions. Because of this commitment, we continue to expand and improve our investment capabilities to provide a spectrum of solutions, from benchmark-oriented to outcome-oriented, to meet unique client goals. Total Portfolio Solutions are constructed and managed by Franklin Templeton Solutions’ three specialized investment teams: Long-Only Multi-Asset, Tactical Asset Allocation and Alternative Strategies, who have access to global resources and investment expertise in North America, Asia, Europe, and the emerging economies of the Middle East and South America.
The Franklin Templeton Solutions team’s philosophy combines a top-down and bottom-up approach in order to deliver diversified, actively managed investment strategies.
- From the top-down, analysts focusing on strategic allocations develop long-term capital market expectations over a market cycle using independent quantitative analysis blended with fundamental research infused with the insights gained from FTI’s specialized investment professionals around the world.
- Combining top-down and bottom-up perspectives, the Global Investment Committee (GIC) aims to identify short-term tactical opportunities and risks taking place in the current market environment, within both the macro markets and investment strategies.
- From the bottom-up, manager research analysts aim to create an optimal mix of investment strategies for each asset class from a defined universe by identifying complementary strategies across market cycles
Portfolios managed by seeking to add value from three sources:
Strategic asset allocation establishes clear objectives for each individual portfolio or investment solution, objectives that include risk and return profile and target weightings for various asset classes and currencies. This group of experts conducts qualitative macroeconomic reviews to determine current investment themes and look at regional factors such as liquidity, economic and financial indicators, growth, and valuations to provide asset allocation recommendations. Over the short-term, tactical asset allocation recommendations help portfolios position to capitalize on opportunities and risks taking place in the current market environment within a given portfolio’s established investment objectives and risk profile. Manager and strategy research recommendations are derived through in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis, portfolio optimization techniques, disciplined due diligence and manager review processes – techniques used to provide fund recommendations and model portfolios. Ultimately, during portfolio construction, strategic/tactical asset allocation recommendations and mandate research is utilized to assemble portfolios to maximize risk-adjusted return within the context of each portfolio’s objectives and tolerances. The portfolios are subject to constant review and risk management to help ensure the performances of underlying holdings continue to support the portfolio’s strategic objectives.
|Investment Managers – Franklin Templeton Solutions Snapshot:|
|Style||Multi-style / Multi-region / Multi-manager|
|Investment Strategies||Multi-Asset Solutions
Global Tactical Asset Allocation
Custom/Advisory Solutions – Alternative & Traditional
Hedge Fund Portfolios (Multi- & Single Strategy) & Replication
1. Franklin Templeton Solutions (FT Solutions) is a global investment management group dedicated to multi-strategy solutions and is comprised of individuals representing various registered investment advisory entity subsidiaries of Franklin Resources, Inc., a global investment organization operating as Franklin Templeton Investments (FTI). Certain individuals advise FT Solutions mandates through K2 Advisors L.L.C. (“K2”), an FTI adviser that forms part of an investment group founded in 1994 through existing advisory entities or their predecessors. FT Solutions originated in 2007 to combine the research and oversight of the multi-strategy investment solutions offered by FTI. In Canada, members of the FT Solutions team are part of Fiduciary Trust Company of Canada.