- Investment Strategies Overview|
- Fixed Income|
Specialized Investment Teams |
- Darby Private Equity®|
- Franklin Bissett Investment Management|
- Franklin Equity Group|
- Franklin Local Asset Management|
- Franklin Mutual Series|
- Franklin Real Asset Advisors®|
- Franklin Templeton Fixed Income Group®|
- Franklin Templeton Solutions® (FT Solutions)|
- K2 Advisors®|
- Templeton® Global Macro|
- Fund Literature Documents|
- Client Solutions|
- Institutional Services|
- Our Company|
Your privacy is our priority
Franklin Templeton Investments is committed to safeguarding the personal information you or your advisor provide to us when you invest in our mutual funds.
This policy describes how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information.
Franklin Templeton Investments is a global investment organization, comprised of the various subsidiaries of Franklin Resources, Inc. The organization provides global and domestic investment management to retail, high-net worth and institutional investors.
Franklin Templeton Investments does not sell any of our investors’ personal information.
What type of information do we collect?
When you invest with Franklin Templeton Investments, you and your advisor trust us with your personal information. We use this information to service your accounts, respond to your requests and provide you with your desired products and services.
The non-public personal information we collect falls into the following three categories:
- Information we receive on application forms and Know Your Client statements. This information may include your name, address, social insurance number, occupation, financial situation, investment selection, account holdings, beneficiary designation, and your personal bank account number and registration.
- Information about your Franklin Templeton portfolio—including your account history, transactions and any communication you have with us about your investments.
- Other general information about you such as your preferred language.
How we use information provided on the web
Occasionally, we may ask you to participate in a brief survey to help us make smart choices as we look for ways to improve the site. If you choose to participate, the information you provide won't be identified with you personally.
A cookie is a small text file which includes a unique identifier that is sent by a web server to your computer, mobile phone or any other internet-enabled device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used to make websites work efficiently and to collect information about your online preferences.
We use the following categories of cookies on our website:
These cookies are essential for parts of our website to operate. They enable you to move around our website and allow us to recognize you within our website so that we can provide you with services you’ve asked for such as remembering your sign-in details.
These cookies help us customize our site content based on your preferences. They remember choices you make such as identifying yourself as a particular audience (investor, advisor, industry professional), your language, the country you visit our website from and any changes you make to text size or other parts of our web pages. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
These cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our website in order to help us improve areas such as navigation. For example, we use these cookies to help us understand how you arrive at our website, browse or use our website and highlight areas where we can improve. The information stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your identity can be established.
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
Social Media cookies
These cookies allow you to share our website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
Some of our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixels) that allow us to count users who have visited our pages. Web beacons collect only limited information, e.g. a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We may also carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. These beacons do not carry any information that could directly identify you.
Enabling and disabling cookies
- For instructions on how to delete or disable any cookies, please consult your browser's 'Help' or 'Support' section. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
- Users can disable the use of third party cookies when using our website by visiting: http://d.adgear.com/optout. Please note that if you opt-out, you may still see our ads at other websites, but the ads will not be tailored using third party technologies associated with our website.
In which circumstances might we share your information?
In order to service your accounts and provide you with a broad range of investment choices, we may share your personal information under the following circumstances:
Within Franklin Templeton Investments
Franklin Templeton Investments is a multi-site global investment organization that works together to provide products and services that benefit our customer base. We may share all three categories of personal information among ourselves—including to any of the subsidiaries that comprise Franklin Resources Inc. At times, we may provide your personal information to Franklin Templeton affiliates outside of Canada who perform administrative services for us.
In such cases, the information shared is subject to both the laws of Canada and the laws of the non-Canadian jurisdiction, including laws with respect to disclosure of such information. Franklin Templeton policies require these offices to protect the confidentiality of your information and to use it only to provide the services we’ve asked them to perform.
Outside of Franklin Templeton Investments
Below are examples of third parties to whom we may disclose all three types of personal information. While these examples don’t cover every situation permitted under the law, we hope they help you understand how your information may be shared. We may share personal information:
- With your advisor or dealer, or with other third parties at your direction.
- When permitted or required by law. For example, we share your social insurance number with the Canada Revenue Agency in order to file your tax reports. We may also share your personal information in response to a subpoena or other legal process.
- With companies that work for us to manage your accounts, process transactions, or provide services you’ve requested. For example, we may use companies to help us mail statements, process cheques, maintain your online account or store your account agreements. In such cases, the laws of the non-Canadian jurisdiction and the laws of Canada would apply with respect to disclosure of such information.
Additionally, we may disclose all three types of personal information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. If this occurs, we will ensure that the outside companies with whom we do business are under contractual obligations to protect the confidentiality of your information and use it only to provide the services we’ve asked them to perform.
Please call us at 1 (800) 387-0830 if you wish to withdraw consent to your personal information being collected, used and disclosed for any of the purposes listed above. However, in some circumstances, legal requirements may prevent you from withholding or withdrawing consent. Withdrawing consent may also result in us limiting the products and services we can provide to you.
Confidentiality and security
Our employees are required to follow procedures to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information. This includes performing ongoing evaluations of our data systems and making changes when appropriate.
How can you manage your information?
We provide you with access to your account information through our secure website, our PIN-protected telephone service and your periodic statements. If you wish to update or change your account information, please call us at 1 (800) 387-0830.
5000 Yonge Street, Suite 900